10.19.12 Bookmarks: Weekly Buzz From Around the Web
1. Thar she blows! Feast your eyes on the Herman Melville Google Doodle honoring the 161st anniversary of “Moby Dick.” It’s a whale of tale! (Sorry! We’re so sorry.)
2. Congratulations to Hilary Mantel for winning the 2012 Man Booker Prize! In case you missed it, check out our roundup of her greatest hits.
3. If your favorite childhood literary heroine was Eloise, then “the world is your hotel suite! You drink a lot, but it’s mostly good stuff.” The Gloss gives a hilarious breakdown of what your favorite fictional character says about you.
4. Speaking of awesome female characters, ShortList calls out the 25 Literary Girls Who’ll Break Your Heart.
5. Check out this glamorous wedding dress made from over 2500 pages of “Angela Carter’s Book of Fairy Tales.” Would you wear it down the aisle?
6. J.K. Rowling sat down with Jon Stewart this week to talk about her post-Hogwarts writing life, and how her years of financial struggle influenced her new novel “The Casual Vacancy.”
7. Over at io9, Anne Rice talks about her “Interview with the Vampire” characters, Lestat and Louis as a same-sex couple and fathers to young Claudia.
8. Looking for some cocktail hour conversation fodder? Take a look at Book Riot’s article on TV shows that should be books. We totally agree that “Mad Men” would make an amazing Richard Yates style novel.
See more at Bookish!
This entry was posted in Bookish
. Bookmark the permalink