1. Baz Lurhmann’s upcoming adaptation of “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald looks to be a stunner. Flappers! Opulence! Leo! Take a look at the second trailer that was just released to get a peek at the extravagant production.
2. It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel… like curling up with a good book. If you’re feeling particularly post-apocalyptic, try one of these “20 Books to Read at the End of the World.”
3. If you could be a member of any literary family, which family would you pick? Would you trade a sibling for Jo, Amy, Beth or Meg March? Join the magical Weasley family? Here’s what our pals over at HuffPost have to say about their favorite fictional families.
6. Are these the 25 best book jackets of 2012? The Book Case shows us the boldest and most evocative book cover designs from the past year.
7. So, you’re giving the glorious gift of books this holiday season… But, you can do better than wrapping red paper around a square book. BookRiot suggests a few ways to gift-wrap books in style!